These best breakfast recipes are ideal for those hectic mornings.
As you know breakfast is the most significant meal of the day, but it does not mean you regularly have time to whip up something delicious in the morning.
For those agitated days, say hi to these quick, easy breakfast ideas that’ll put the preparation in your step on even your hectic and busiest mornings.
- Moong Dal Chilla:
Did you know chilla is also known as pudas, pudlas and polis in India?
This recipe is very popular in north India, Rajasthan and Gujarat. In India, we are called Indian pancakes. You can also try our Keto Blueberry Buckle.
Ingredients required for Moong Dal Chilla:
For the Chilla:
- 1 cup split and husked yellow lentils (yellow moong dal)
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1green chilli
- ¼cup chopped onion
- 1tablespoon chopped coriander
- vegetable oil for frying
For the filling
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
¼ cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon chopped green chilli
Salt to taste
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 cup grated or crumbled paneer
1 tablespoon chopped coriander
How to prepare Moong Dal Chilla:
- Firstly, wash the one cup yellow moong dal and wash it 2 to 3 times with water and soak the dal for 5 to 6 hours at least.
- Then drain the water and add soaked dal into the grinder and add one green chilli and one cup of water and make a smooth paste.
- Take a large bowl and put this paste into the bowl.
- Then add one teaspoon salt, ¼ cup chopped onion, 1 tablespoon chopped coriander, and some more water and make a batter like dosa batter.
- Now we have to make the filling.
- Take the pan and add one tablespoon of oil into the pan.
- When oil is hot add one teaspoon of cumin seeds and stir well for 2 to 3 seconds.
- Then add ¼ cup of chopped onion and 1 teaspoon of green chillies and stir well till it is tender.
- Add one teaspoon of turmeric powder and salt according to taste and add crumbled cheese and one to two tablespoons of coriander leaves mix it well and remove from the heat.
- Take a non-stick pan on low heat.
- Then pour two ladles of batter into the centre of the pan.
- Now make the batter into a round shape, with the help of a ladle.
- Add ghee on both sides and cook well from both sides.
- Do the same process with the remaining batter.
- Serve on a plate and enjoy with sauce.
Nutritional Information for Moong Dal Chilla:
Calories: 378kcal |
Carbohydrates: 34g |
Protein: 21g |
Fat: 18g |
Saturated Fat: 11g |
Cholesterol: 37mg |
Sodium: 647mg |
Potassium: 519mg |
Fiber: 15g |
Sugar: 2g |
Vitamin A: 48IU |
Vitamin C: 8mg |
Calcium: 308mg |
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is moong dal rich in protein?
Moong dal is low in fat and very high in protein.
Does moong dal cause gas?
Moong dal is light, dry and very easy to digest.